Skin care includes a series of practices that helps in maintaining skin veracity, enhancing appearances and relieving skin conditions. They can include a set of daily repetitive activities, a good diet and nutrition, avoiding excessive sun exposure and appropriate use of moisturizers.
To be able to achieve a brighter, clearer, healthier, GLOWING SKIN, these seven things need to be incorporated into a daily skin care routine. Which are meant to take care of too dry or too oily skin, in many cases to avoid break outs and prevent skin injury.
So, these are the super seven easy skin care routine;
It is adviced to cleanse, tone, moisturise and apply SPF every morning, and alternate between cleansing, toning, masking, exfoliation, applying serum and moisturising every night of the week.
Sometimes following these routines religiously is not all there is to achieving an even brighter skin. As you might find that you do everything but are still faced with one or two skin problems. So, some of the things to remember include;
- Washing your face the RIGHT way.
- Weekly changing of pillow cases and using a fresh towel daily if you can, to avoid contaminating your face. I said if you can, because using a fresh towel everyday might be too demanding. I remember my days in the University, I had just one single towel for my face which I had to wash every day to keep fresh for daily use, because the a new towel every day was not a reality for me.
- Being careful not to let hair products with oil, silicone and plasticisers touch your face. These substances will clog your pores if they get on your skin. One suggestion in a case where it couldn’t be avoided is to apply Aloe Vera gel on the face after products have been applied. Allow the gel to sit for a few minutes then wipe it off with a cotton ball and followed by a moisturizer.
- Choose organic skin care products. Although most people complain about how expensive organic skin care is, the benefits definitely surpasses any worries you might have. Some of which include the sun protection, gentle on the skin, does the actual job of healing and repairing the skin.
- Moisturise, moisturise, moisturise. Daily moisturising is the best defense against dry skin, adding moisturizer last, locks in active ingredients and helps products be more effective in repairing the skin.
- Apply SPF every morning.
- Take special care to avoid your face when spritzing perfume.
It is important to take into consideration the issue of the right way to wash the face. Because the right routine would yield the right results. Washing your face the right way has been summarised in these six easy steps;
Wash your face with warm water and a mild cleanser and pat dry with a clean towel.
Apply toner and wait for it to dry up. Toner is useful for those with extremely oily skin
Apply any topical medications, such as acne treatment
Put on eye cream or serum and let dry. This will help avoid collagen damage. I learnt how to make a homemade serum here, see link if you would like to make your own serum.
Apply moisturizer. Drying out your skin will actually cause it to produce more oil.
Apply sunscreen with SPF of at least 30 sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. This is clearly something to do every morning.
And after all these things, you can go ahead and apply makeup primer or foundation and proceed with your makeup routine as usual.
I know it says easy routines, but with everything else going on in the world, I can imagine that this is the least of worries. But then again, it is should be a priority; it’s inclusive of the self-care project (if there’s anything like that). You get what I mean?
Skincare is not a thing to be ignored. So, expect a difference in the appearance of your skin, if you are not lazy with your skin care routine.
I hope to share soon my daily skincare routine/products. And as always, I am happy you stopped by.
Don’t forget to drink lots of water.